Friday, October 29, 2010

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... NOT SAFE!

SAY IT ISN'T SO!?! No, really say it isn't so! Please!

Ok, so you can't and neither can I. Unfortunately, today, I found out that it's true. A FB friend, in her research on GF candy, found out that Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and their safety for us GF eaters is not to be. She has contacted Hershey's and they gave her a list of 3 items. She specifically asked about the cups and the lady told her that "if it's not on the list it may contain gluten." Well, I guess it just goes to show you re-reading the labels are a good thing. Companies change their recipes on us. HOW DARE THEY! Don't they realize how many people they are now alienating?? I'm just mad is all. These were one of my children and I's favorites.

As I type this, my friend has posted her "so far" list of candy: http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-candy-list. Go check it out! :) She'll add to it as she gets more information. Thank you Carla! (http://www.facebook.com/carla.spacher/posts/155565451151406?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/carla.spacher)

So, now what? Well, I have this WONDERFUL recipe for Peanut Butter Ball Candy (peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate) that are so delish! No, they aren't in the shape of cups but I thought I could just get some mini muffin cups and make them into cups. If there is time this weekend, that will be my project! :) Pictures and recipe to come.

Please pass on this newest "no-no" to any you know that may eat GF. And just remember, ALWAYS check the labels. The little stinkers like to mess with a good thing....

Yevette
~Keep up the safe food fight!


No comments:

Post a Comment